Watch for Girl Scouts in your area through November 18 as they raise funds for local service projects and activities through the Fall Nut and Magazine Sale!
Your support for the Fall Sale makes a difference for girls and your community! Take a look at this heart-warming tale about GSNorCal Troop 20094, told by their troop leader, Shelley, that shows how girls learn while they earn!
“Each year our troop participates in Fall Product sales. It has become a tradition for us to sit down at our meeting with our Fall Product packet, review all the items, and set goals for ourselves. We discuss individual goals, and then combine those totals to create our “troop goal.” We establish the understanding that this is our target and that no matter what the outcome is we will be successful for the mere sake of trying our absolute best.
"Every year, our troop goals remain the same. When I ask what they want the proceeds to be used for, the answer is always constant. Our Fall Product proceeds always go towards adopting families through our local newspaper’s Giving Tree, which features families in need and is published before the holiday season. We sell as much of the product as we can, through individual sales and booth sales, then take our proceeds and shop for the selected families.
"For years now, we have provided necessary winter clothing, food, and fun gifts for both the children and parents. We go together as a troop to shop, then wrap the presents, and sometimes bake for the families. Then we all go to the home to meet the family, bring in their gifts, and sing carols together. It’s no wonder my girls want to do this year after year -- the smiles and apparent thankfulness expressed on the faces of the family simply warms my girl’s hearts. Without a doubt, they benefit from this as much as the families do. Just as the families are blessed, so are my girls.”
Well done, Troop 20094 and all our hard-working Girl Scouts who are making a difference!
The Fall Sale not only provides money for girls to pay for innovative program opportunities, uniforms, camp, and community service projects, but it is designed to help girls learn five key skills: goal setting, decision making, money management, business ethics, and people skills.
- Credit Card Processing: Many troops will be utilizing GoPayment by Intuit to offer customers the ability to pay by credit/debit card for the very first time this Fall Sale season!
- Blueberry Pomegranate Nut Crunch: tasty squares of almonds, cashews, pistachios, blueberries, and pomegranate!
- Morning Mountain Mix: a delicious trail mix with plump raisins, cranberries, almonds, and walnuts mixed with granola and honey!
- Dark Chocolate Mint Penguins: rich dark chocolate bursting with frosty mint flavor.
- More Gluten-Free Selections: Three-quarters of our varieties, or 9 out of 12, for 2012 are gluten-free: Caramel Treasures, Blueberry Pomegranate Nut Crunch, Chocolate Covered Raisins, Chocolate Toffee Almonds, Cranberry Nut Mix, Mint Chocolate Penguins, Honey Roasted Peanuts, Butter Toasted Peanuts, and Cashews.
2012 Varieties: Returning favorites include Chocolate Toffee Almonds, Butter Toasted Peanuts, Caramel Treasures, Whole Cashews, Salsa Mix, Cranberry Nut Mix, Chocolate Covered Raisins, Honey Roasted Peanuts, and Gummi Berries – plus the new Dark Chocolate Mint Penguins, Blueberry Pomegranate Crunch, and Morning Mountain Mix. Prices range from $4 to $8.
Digital Magazines! In addition to getting your favorite magazine subscriptions sent to your home, many are now available in eco-friendly digital online editions!
Care to Give: Care to Give is a service project in which Girls Scouts offers customers the option to purchase "virtual" nut and candy products for $5 to be donated to the military or a local food bank.
To buy from a troop near you, email firstname.lastname@example.org.